Eisenhower Health Segment – January 25, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 1 – Eisenhower Health Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
EISENHOWER HEALTH Lee Rice Media Coordinator and Communications Specialist @ Eisenhower Health. 39000 Bob Hope Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA. 92270 and Susan Veldey; MSN, CEN, RN, MICN re: “Urgency vs Emergency”.
– REPORT on the types of person and ailments that present to both Urgent Care and Emergency Rooms.
– REPORT that Emergency Care IS VERY EXPENSIVE because ALL treatment/resources for EVERYTHING have to be there.
– REPORT that folks use the Emergency Care, because it is open 24/7 as if it were primary care AND IT’S NOT. This leads to long lines and long wait times.
– TOPIC “The difference between urgency and emergency”. DEFINITION is “how sick are you? Or “life threatening” in Emergency ONLY.
– DISCUSSION that when you call 911 YOU WILL BE TAKEN TO EMERGENCY.
– REPORT on where the EISENHOWER URGENT CARES are; Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage and LaQuinta.
– REPORT that you should NOT drive yourself to EMERGENCY.
– HOLD THE DATE: Feb., 8; 4 – 5 PM Virtual talk by Susan. Details and to sign up are on the web. www.eisenhower.org/calendar.
– (contact info: www.eisenhower.org and (760) 340-3911).