Guide Dogs Segment – January 31, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 1 – Guide Dogs Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
GUIDE DOGS OF THE DESERT w/ Rob Maher, Executive Director. re: 60735 Dillon Road, Whitewater, CA. 92263.
– DISCUSSION of Rob’s name and the history of it. Their former Guide Dogs “store” on Tahquitz where they trained dogs. Started in 1972 here in the Desert.
– REPORT on their mission statement; Help visually impaired folks anywhere in the U.S. and to some services even extend Internationally.
– SAVE THE DATE: FREE graduation event 2.11.23 @ P.S. Convention Center. Open to the public. Volunteer puppy raisers will be there and lots of information.
– REPORT that GDD is actually a school. Train volunteers, train dog trainers, train client, train dogs, etc..
– REPORT on the Canine Support Program. How dogs are categorized and matched w/ a client.
– (contact info: www.GDDCA.org and (760) 329-2370.)