“Go Green” Segment – December 2, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 2 – “Go Green” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Xochitll Pena re: 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– DISCUSSION that @ Christmas/Holidays DO NOT PUT grease/fats/oils down your drains.
– REMINDER that the plumbing inside your home is your responsibility.
– REPORT that DWA provides sewer service.
– REPORT on their new sprinkler head nozzles that are so much more efficient.
– REMINDER that there are watering restrictions; no watering in daylight hours and restaurants cannot serve water unless requested.
– DISCUSSION that DWA recommends that you “go gold” and skip overseeding and let your grass go “gold” or brown. It will come back. www.dwa.org/save for tips.
– REPORT that to report any water waste go to www.dwa.org/report.
– REPORT that we must all help w/ the statewide drought. Rules on how to “check” your sprinkler system. DWA will come help you inspect your system.
– REPORT on new water sprinkler timers. $150. Credit toward the device and up to $100. credit to install.
– (contact info: www.dwa.org.)