cont.“Senior Moment” Segment – December 14, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 2 – cont.“Senior Moment” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Kae Hammond re: 495 Town Center Way 44, Ste., B, Palm Desert, CA.
– MISSION STATEMENT that Dementia Help Center is the rescue plan for family caregivers.
– DISCUSSION of the question left-over from Allan in the previous segment; How do you test for Dementia/Alzheimer’s? There are multiple tests because there are over 100 different types of Dementia.
– REPORT on what form such test may take. Need to determine what part of the brain is the “healthy” part. Called the “mini mental test.”
– DISCUSSION that Dementia and Alzheimer’s may manifest in different ways w/ different symptoms.
– DISCUSSION of any change in a person’s gait is a strong indication of what is to come.
– REPORT on how to get thru the Holidays w/ a person w/ Dementia/Alzheimer’s.
1. Have realistic expectations.
2. Make an honest assessment of “where” your family member really is and discuss it w/ the family.
3. Avoid sensory overload.
4. Have a quiet space set aside for the Dementia/Alzheimer’s patient.
– REPORT on how IMPORTANT socialization is for D/A folks. IT IS ESSENTIAL.
– REPORT on the bi-monthly “THRIVE” support group for ALL LEVELS. Open to clients, family, care-givers. Also have a ZOOM meeting. Call for the link. FREE CONSULTATIONS.
– (contact info: www.dementiahelpcenter.com and (760) 636-6355).
Trees freshly cut, not stored for months.
Fresh from Montana and Idaho.
Tree stands available, that don’t EVER leak and are already attached and level.
Wreaths, garlands, etc.,
Will flock any color.
Open 9 AM to 9 PM up to and thru Christmas Day.
Their lot: 73-796 San Luis Rey, Palm Desert
Call Rio @ (406) 370-5479.