Eisenhower Health Segment – November 23, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 1 – Eisenhower Health Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
EISENHOWER HEALTH Lee Rice Media Coordinator and Communications Specialist @ Eisenhower Health. 39000 Bob Hope Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA. 92270 and Dr. Patricia Cummings Eisenhower Health’s epidemiologist.
– THEME FOR TODAY: “Antibiotic Awareness Week thru Nov., 24”,
– DISCUSSION that Dr. Cummings tracks diseases etc., and is the area’s ONLY epidemiologist.
– DEFINITION of what an epidemiologist does. She’s been so busy w/ COVID, MPX, and now RSV and flu. She helps the hospital plan for increases in any of these.
– REPORT that the largest number of cases for RSV is among children at this point in time.
– DISCUSSION of the various vaccination protocols that are available now.
– DISCUSSION of antibiotic resistance. How bacteria can change to become resistant to the available antibiotics.
– REPORT that antibiotic resistance can occur in our water, our food supply, the environment, etc.
– REPORT that there is a “list” of what bacteria are resistant to what drug.
– (contact info: www.eisenhowerhealth.org and (760) 340-3911).