Desert Oasis Health Care Segment – March 7, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
D.O.H.C. w/ Sarah Tripp re: Registered Dietician, Manager Health Education Department @ D.O.H.C. Summer Meeks, Health Education Department; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– DISCUSSION of the Theme of National Nutrition Month “Celebrate a World of Flavors”.
– DISCUSSION about trying some new healthy dishes.
– DISCUSSION of how to do this @ a restaurant, or find a good recipe on-line and experiment.
– REPORT on vegetables you get in the supermarket. Organic vs. regular? Need to know how to determine what category of organic they are.
– DISCUSSION of how/when to eat red meat.
– DISCUSSION of chocolate, the good dark chocolate.
– REPORT that it is also colon-rectal cancer awareness month as well, so wine consumption should be one a day for women and two a day for men. Red wine is best.
– REPORT that life-style factors play a big part in the colon-rectal cancer diagnosis and treatment.
– DISCUSSION of how/when to get screened for colon-rectal cancer.
– REPORT of “moderation in all things”.
– (contact info: www.mydohc.com and (760) 969-6555).