Charity Segment – November 13, 2021
11:00 – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – Charity Segment
U.C.P.I.E. w/ Greg Wetmore re: President & CEO. 70017 Hwy., 111, Ste.,5. Rancho Mirage, CA. 92270.
– REPORT on the impact of COVID on United Cerebral Palsy.
– REPORT on the in-home respite care; It’s a state program that they run for the state. Serves 350 in-home FAMILIES AGES 6 TO 66 in the Inland Empire.; 200 RESPITE WORKERS.
– REPORT on after school program needs. Wants to have 20 of these programs eventually. Created ZOOM events to replace the in-person events.
– REPORT on the plans for Holiday drive-thru events.
– DISCUSSION of the origins of Cerebral Palsy. There are several treatments now. Usually caused at birth or even a traffic accident.
– REPORT that they also serve other disabilities. Mostly children.
– DISCUSSION of the “Tour de Palm Springs” activity w/ Tim Esser’s Charity the 12th of February, 2022.
They raised over $100,000. w/ specially adapted bicycles for children.
– REPORT on the new website.
– (contact info; www.ucpie.org and (760) 272-4260).