“Restaurant of the Week” Segment – September 4,2021
9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – “Restaurant of the Week” Segment
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ John Fritch re: “Peaks Restaurant, @ the Top of the Tram” owner/operator.
– REPORT on the weather @ the Top of the Tram. 40 degrees cooler.
– REPORT that “Peaks” will re-open in early October. All re-modeled.
– REPORT that the Tram is currently shut down for annual maintenance after Labor Day.
– DISCUSSION of how all the changes happen. Weather, food, menu all come into play.
– REPORT that since John is a chef he likes to change up the menus every so often.
– REPORT on how the recipes are tested/chosen. He thinks of recipes @ all different times. Has to take into account the “travel” time of the food and ingredients having to go up on the Tram Car. Altitude makes all recipes different, even boiling water.
– REPORT that all ovens/burners are kept on “high” since the doors are always open.
– REPORT on the steaks, i.e. ribeye, and the vegan chocolate cake he’s working on and other menu items he’s working on. i.e. meatloaf and burgers.
– REPORT on John’s work in the Community.
– REPORT that they are #8 IN THE WORLD, RESTAURANT DINING.
– (contact info: www.pstramway.com and (760) 325-4537)