Eisenhower Health Segment – August 28, 2021
10:00 -11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Eisenhower Health Segment
EISENHOWER HEALTH w/ Dr. Iyoob Ilyas, Board Certified General Surgeon in Colorectal Surgery and Brett KIein Clinical Marketing Specialist. Eisenhower Health 39000 Bob Hope Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA. 92270.
– DISCUSSION of the family/medical history of the Doctor. He’s from India. Educated in England. He’s married w/ 3 children. His children were born in India, England and the U.S.
– REPORT on how the Dr. picked his specialty.
– DISCUSSION that colorectal cancer patients get into trouble thru no fault of their own….they JUST GET IT.
– DISCUSSION of Cologuard home test and the larger benefits of a colonoscopy. Get a colonoscopy starting @ age 45 both men and women.
– REPORT that Colorectal cancer is influenced by age AND diet. Red meat, obesity, heredity also increase the chances of getting Colorectal cancer.
– REPORT on the technology available @ Eisenhower Health to treat Colorectal cancer. (Robotics started so doctors could operate in battlefields.) Operation is still done by the surgeon, sitting a foot or two from the patient. Much more accurate. The Robot take the “tremors” away from the surgery.
– REPORT that the doctor has some podcasts on U-Tube.
– (contact info: www.eisenhowerhealth.org and (760) 340-3911).