Desert Oasis Health Care Segment – September 25, 2021
9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
D.O.H.C. w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations @ D.O.H.C.; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”. Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are in our 81st week of Pandemic.
– REPORT that CA. remains the state w/ the lowest transmission rate. Riverside County now has 5,000 deaths, Coachella Valley has 1,000 deaths.
– REPORT that EVERYONE in hospital for Covid IS UNVACCINATED. Younger and younger patients.
– REPORT that FDA now recommends boosters for folks over 65 or w/ weakened immune systems, folks @ high risk.
– REPORT that folks who are teacher, food service workers, essential workers, first responders, nurses etc. MUST be vaccinated.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. has not brought back their entire work force yet, many still working from home.
– REPORT that only Pfiser has a booster @ this point in time. Boosters have 90% efficacy. Immunity lasts 6 months.
– DISCUSSION that one shot vaccination does NOT work w/ Covid. Reassortment of this virus.
– DISCUSSION that flu and Covid vaccinations available @ all three D.O.H.C. locations, Palm Springs, Indio and Yucca Valley. Drive-thru too. D.O.H.C. has vaccinated 28,000 CV residents.
– DISCUSSION that the flu virus is still around and the CDC and WHO track it around the world. Hoping for a low flu season.
– REPORT that the data to vaccinate children 5 and older is in. The children will get a third of a dose of the Pfiser.
– DISCUSSION that COVID is NOT a pretty disease and suffering is great. If you get vaccinated you get 10 times the amount of antibodies.
– REPORT on the controversy on who has the most antibodies? The folks w/ natural immunity or the vaccinated ones. ANSWER: the vaccinated folks.
– REPORT that people over 60 don’t MOUNT the antibodies as quickly as younger folks.
– (contact info: www.mydohc.com and (760) 969-6555).