Act For MS/P.S. Air Museum/Waring International Piano Segment – August 7, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Act For MS/P.S. Air Museum/Waring International Piano Segment
ACT FOR MS w/ Ann Greer re: 73-710 Fred Waring Dr., Ste., # 118, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– REPORT on the impact of heat on MS Clients that is very bad for them. Act for MS pays part of the utility bill for 4 months of the year for clients.
– REPORT that MS clients have compromised immune systems and usually will wear a mask and get the vaccine.
– REPORT that most clients are going back to training in the gyms.
– DISCUSSION that several clients are home-bound and need circulation/massage therapy. Act for MS sends therapist to the home. There is a need for special “lift chairs” to move the patients in and out.
– REPORT that the effects if MS are know, but not the cause AND not a cure.
– (contact info: www.actforms.org and (760) 773-9806).
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM re:745 N. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that the Museum is open 10 – 5 every day. With over 70 aircraft in 4 hangers.
– All children 12 and under get in FREE w/ one paying adult thru the summer.
– REPORT that the Café is open now too. The Victory Canteen. Food for kids and adults, including ice cream. No alcohol.
– HOLD THE DATE: Sat., Nov., 20 – “Props and Hops” Craft Beer Festival. Vendors, tastings, $50. ($40 in advance) includes a cup and 8 drink tickets, food stations. Does not get you into the Museum. Must be 21 to go to the Beer Festival.
– Warbird Rides available for $195. Book online for a ride in one of 2 P-51, (“Bunny” and “Man of War”) C-47, T28, T33 (jet).
– (contact info: www.psairmuseum.org and (760) 778-6262.)
VIRGINIA WARING INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITION. re: 73-710 Fred Waring Dr., #201, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– REPORT that there will hopefully be a Grand Salon in November w/ 50 to 100 persons.
– HOLD THE DATE: For the Gala on Feb., 7, 2022.
– REPORT that the VWIP Competition will come back in April 10 – 18, 2022. Expecting 25 contestants ages 18 TO 31. City of Palm Desert is the Host Sponsor again and the events will be FREE thanks to the City of Palm Desert.
– REPORT that volunteer training will begin soon.