cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet” – June 26, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 3 – cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet”
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations @ D.O.H.C.; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”. Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– DISCUSSION of SUPPLEMENTS; The 6 basic ones to take that have benefits and are relatively safe; 1. Vitamin D.; 2. Magnesium; 3. Probiotics; 4. Calcium; 5. B Vitamins; 6. Vitamin C. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist and get a blood test if you have questions. More information about supplements on the website.
– ANNOUNCEMENT: “Get UP and Move” Challenge starting July 1 and you can sign up on www.mydohc.com and win prizes.
– “Questions from a “Joey Pal”.
1. What is CEFALY when it comes to the treatment for migraines? (Yes, approved by the FDA. An apparatus to “wear” on your forehead. Non-drug. 20 minutes a day. There are many new migraine therapies that target the suppression of migraines. Some new and exciting drugs as well. i.e. an injectable that targets pain in the central nervous system w/ 1 shot a month that blocks the pain receptor.)
2. Treatment of shingles? (If you are over 50 there is a shingles vaccine now. 2 shot series. Vary effective for preventing shingles even if you’ve had it before).
– REPORT on the D.O.H.C.’s “40 for 40” campaign you need to vote on. D.O.H.C. is giving away an additional $40,000. to 10 different charities. Vote on the non-profits in the running to receive the funds @ www.mydohc.com by June 28th. Winners will be announced on July 1, the 40th anniversary of D.O.H.C.
– DISCUSSION of how to become a D.O.H.C. member. Call the number below and ask the question.