Business/Finance Segment – June 26, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – Business/Finance Segment
GOTTLIEB INCOME TAX SERVICES w/ Wayne Gottlieb re: 1542 N. Palm Cyn., Dr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that Wayne’s a tax preparer and bookkeeper.
– DISCUSSION of what will be different in this tax reporting season. i.e. Possibly capital gains will raise, possibly tax rates will be going up.
– DISCUSSION of the impact possible to state taxes in following federal guidelines.
– REPORT on the need to budget and plan better during the year. You need to be “trained” in the correct way to keep records, budget, report etc.,
– REPORT that you need a tax preparer who know the rules, knows how to budget and explain it all to you. Then you need a person you trust to do your taxes.
– DISCUSSION of his experience w/ people who put this off until the last minute, don’t plan, don’t keep good records, etc.
– DISCUSSION of whether men or women are better at budgeting and/or keeping records. All of this organizational activity takes TIME and DESIRE and EFFORT no matter whether men or women.
– DISCUSSION that it is important to bring a spouse into the tax preparation/record keeping scenario in case one spouse passes away. Need to exhibit respect and offer education.