“Restaurant of the Week” Segment – May 22, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – “Restaurant of the Week” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
“RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK” w/ Todd Flood re: “Maracas Restaurant & Bar” 155 S. Palm Cyn., Dr., Palm Springs; 72-775 Dinah Shore Dr., Rancho Mirage and & “J.T.’s Diner” 37011 Cook St., Palm Desert.
– REPORT on the atmosphere @ Maracas w/ less masks wearing. Lots of outdoor dining.
– REPORT on the new menu coming to Maracas. New line of items will be coming. Lots of seafood. A “unique” taste of Mexico. Keeping all the “plant-based” menu items that are very popular.
– REPORT on the ACT Trip to Mexico June 6 – 10.
– DISCUSSION of how Maracas use to do catering. Todd is looking for a catering truck to drive to your location and do all the cooking on-site for you.
– REPORT that folks dined outside LAST SUMMER during the high heat. Todd hopes the outdoor dining will stay.
– DISCUSSION of how eager everyone is to be able to “get together” again.
– REPORT on the atmosphere @ J.T.’s Dinner. Next to the new Crispy Crème’s Donut.
– REPORT on the items inside the restaurant that are for sale now. Retro kind of things.
– REPORT that J.T.’s is open from 8 AM to 2 PM, 5 days a week, closed Mon. and Tues.
– DISCUSSION that when the new stadium opens, J.T’s will be open later and 7 days a week.
– REPORT on the menu: eggs benedict, great burgers, meat loaf and mashed potatoes. Great milkshakes and malts. Will be adding the old sodas; i.e. Yoo Hoo, Grape Nehi etc.,