cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – May 8, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Kae Hammond re: President & Founder; 495 Town Center Way, 44 Ste., B, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– REPORT on how her Mother died of Alzheimer’s and the inspiration it was for her work.
– DISCUSSION of how families don’t know about a Patients Bill of Rights. It’s mentioned in her book “Pathways – A Guide for Dementia and Alzheimer Family Caregivers” available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
PATIENT’S BILL OF RIGHTS.
1. A patient and their family has a RIGHT to know their diagnosis.
2. Patient has a right to appropriate on-going medical care.
3. You have a right to be productive in work & play as long as possible.
4. You have a right to be treated as an adult, not a child.
5. Right to live in a safe and structed environment.
6. To be w/ people who know one’s life story.
– REPORT that there are 6 more Patient’s Rights.
– REPORT that these rights are recognized in the medical community.
– REMINDER that she has a FREE live ZOOM support group the 1st and 3rd Wednesday. Call or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
– REMINDER that there is so much helpful information on the website. i.e. coaching, counseling, action plan, etc.,