Restaurant of the Week Segment – April 3, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Jacky Donnell re: “Elmers”. 1030 E. Palm Cyn., Dr., Palm Springs, CA. 92264.
– REPORT on her plans for Easter @ “Elmer’s”. Dining in and outside (on the front lawn). 6:30 AM to 8 PM. Open 7 days a week those same hours.
– REPORT that they are inside w/ 25% capacity.
– DISCUSSION that they don’t take reservations. Plenty of staff on duty to take care of customers on Easter.
– DISCUSSION of how much customers LOVE the outside dining. Perhaps the City won’t let her keep all of the outside. Maybe the “tent” and new cement patio area will remain. Perhaps she will need a fence/barrier of some sort 6 feet from Hwy., 111.
– REPORT on the new Pedestrian Cross Walk on Hwy., 111.
– DISCUSSION of the menu for Easter. Using the regular menu. Also featuring Prime Rib AND the German Pancake. (over 3300 served a month). Children’s menu as well. Wine and a 25% (rice) vodka that is being used in the Bloody Mary’s and Screwdrivers.
– REPORT on the “spirit” of her 74 employees that are happy to be back. The longevity of her employees have been w/ Elmer’s 31 years.
– REPORT on the changes due to the construction going on behind Elmer’s.
– REPORT that “take-out” is still available.