Palm Springs Cultural Center Segment – April 24, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – Palm Springs Cultural Center Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER/CAMELOT THEATRE w/ Gary Gand and Joan Gand re: “My Name is Lopez”.
– DISCUSSION of how this documentary came about. The Gands were neighbors of Trini’s. P. David Ebersole and Todd Hughes had just launched their “Cardin” documentary and agreed to do the next one about Trini AND The Gands produced Trini’s documentary. Won a jury award @ AMDOCS Film Festival.
– REPORT on how and where the documentary was shot. They wanted to show that Trini “still had it” into his 80’s. His style, musicianship, etc., remained top notch. It took a few months to shoot, do the interviews, show the concerts, etc.
– REPORT that the film will screen 4 shows a day @ the Camelot Theatre this weekend. 50% occupancy inside the theatre @ the P.S. Cultural Center on Baristo.
– REPORT that the best popcorn ON EARTH is @ the Camelot.
– REPORT on the future of the documentary “My Name is Lopez”. His 84th birthday is May 15 and there will be a special showing of “Trini” @ P.S. Underground for that day.
– DISCUSSION of their next project and the musical appearances @ Oscars on Ap., 30. www.thegandband.com.