Restaurant of the Week Segment – January 9, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Jacky Donnell re: “Elmer’s Restaurant”. 1030 E. Palm Cyn., Dr., Palm Springs.
– REPORT that Elmer’s is closed @ this point in time.
– REPORT on the “shut down” of her restaurant and the inability to provide “take out” in a fiscally responsible way for both the restaurant and her employees.
– REPORT on improvements she is making during this “shut down”. i.e. cement patio for outside dining going forward for seating for 20 to 30 customers.
– REPORT that she’s putting in artificial turf on the front lawn.
– DISCUSSION that restaurants might have been able to survive if they had been allowed to continue outside dining. All restaurants were complying w/ the rules and regulations, but were still forced to shut down.
– DISCUSSION of the impact on the Hospitality Industry, is quite large. So many restaurants will NOT be able to re-open.
– DISCUSSION of the monies restaurants have spent thus far in complying w/ all the regulations since March.
– REPORT that she donated a lot of food to “Well In The Desert” when she was forced to shut down.
– REPORT that she is grateful for the “support” she has received from the community.
– REPORT on her notifications from the CA. Restaurant Association and the National Restaurant Association.