Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – July 25, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
Click HERE for information about COVID-19 from Desert Oasis Healthcare and the Centers for Disease Control.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are now starting our 19th week of “sheltering in place”.
– REPORT on the bad news: Almost 8,000 cases locally. 170,000 deaths locally. Over the past week hospital admission rate is lower, because younger patients are getting the virus more and don’t need hospitalization.
– In Riverside County, 1 out of every 7 patients in hospital has tested positive.
– New report will be able to tract the mortality rate via either infection mortality rate (0.3% + 0.8% or 5 out of 1,000 deaths, but less than MERS, SARS or EBOLA) or case mortality rate.
– REPORT that the CDC just re-wrote the rules for quarantining. Now if you are asymptomatic for 3 days, you may resume your regular routine.
– If you had a serious case and are compromised health-wise, you will be quarantined longer.
– REPORT that results for tests is now down to 2 days.
– DISCUSSION that CA. is now #1 in the Country, surpassing New York State. Riverside County is 3rd in the state after Los Angeles County and Orange County.
– DISCUSSION that this is pretty much a “preventable illness” if we just continue to do what we should be doing.
– DISCUSSION that a new study shows the virus seems to be present in ANY bodily fluids. Seems to be present EVERYWHERE.
– REPORT on more symptoms, i.e. transmitted sexually, may cause sterility in men, etc.