cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – July 25, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 3 – cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT of the good news; The virus does not seem to be transmitted through food.
– DISCUSSION of the 85 infants in Texas who tested positive. Also, pregnancy is a high-risk category for the virus.
– REPORT that kids UNDER 10 are not the spreaders, the older kids seem to be.
– REPORT that as we get ready for the flu season, concern for overlap w/ COVID-19. THERE WILL BE DRIVE-THRU flu clinics for flu shots.
– REPORT that the flu season in the Southern Hemisphere is mild this year and may be a portent of how the flu season will be here. Focus on seniors this year. A flu shot WILL NOT NECESSARILY protect you from COVID-19.
– REPORT that there are hundreds of millions of COVID-19 vaccine doses for ready. There are 3 vaccines currently in the Phase 3 Trials. There are 19 vaccines currently in the Phase 2 Trials.
– REPORT on the progress of a vaccine. Possibly the one from Oxford, supervised for many years by Melissa Gilbert. Being tested in Brazil and the UK. Results in late Sept., or Oct.
– REPORT on the question from Steve Kanold from www.ACT-tours.com about the restrictions from the state of Hawaii. You must have a current PROOF of COVID-19 negative test to enter the state. Must have been done in the last 3 days. ISSUE of timing for the test, the result, and the letter from the doctor all done 3 days before you get to Hawaii, otherwise you will have to quarantine for 14 days when you GET TO HAWAII. It’s being worked on and will be solved.
– REPORT on the great DOHC website FOR ANYONE TO USE. Barry Dayton keeps it so current.