Theater Segment – June 6, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Theater Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
PALM CANYON THEATER w/ Steven Smith re: 538 N. Palm Cyn., Dr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that the Nederlander Organization, based in NYC, has canceled all theatre productions, for the time being, which will impact theater everywhere in America.
– REPORT that theater might resume in March of 2021. Then there will be 8 months after that before any shows will be up and running on stage.
– REPORT that the Metropolitan Opera has canceled everything until Dec., 31 (hopefully).
– REPORT on Desert Rose Playhouse and their virtual production efforts.
– REPORT on Musical Theater University w/ David Green. Was being funded by the Palm Springs School District.
– REPORT that Palm Canyon Theatre has been trying to set up a Theater Season, but the whole system of rehearsing, performing, producing shows etc., has broken down.
– DISCUSSION of the COVID-19 impact on movies.