cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – May 9, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Kae Hammond re: President & Founder; 495 Town Center Way, 44 Ste., B, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– DISCUSSION of folks suffering from a great sense of isolation in these times. Can’t leave their room/apartment and DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY THAT IS.
– DISCUSSION that Dementia and Alzheimer’s patients really decline w/ the lack of interaction and the change in their routine THAT THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND.
– REPORT on the exceptional Teepa Snow Webinar. www.relias.com/resource/living-with-dementia-during-the-covid-19-pandemic?aliId=1
– REPORT on the conversations she is having w/ Congressman Ruiz (760) 424-8888 and Supervisor Perez (760) 863-8211 to hopefully allow patients to venture out of their rooms w/ intelligent distancing in place.
– EXAMPLE on how to talk to your patient. RECOMMEND getting in the car and taking a drive etc.,
– Caregivers can call for support and coaching to combat the loneliness and isolation. Also, via Zoom. Call Kae anytime.