Senior Moment Segment – May 9, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Senior Moment Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
BROOKDALE MIRAGE INN w/ Kurt Suminski, Clare Bridge/Memory Co-ordinator 72750 Country Club Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA., 92270.
– DISCUSSION of the Three levels @ Brookdale care provides: 1.) Independent Living 2). Assisted Living and 3.) Memory Care/Alzheimer’s/Dementia (Clare Bridge). All are to “shelter-in-place”.
– DISCUSSION of how “SECURE” the residents feel. NO CASES of any kind. Brookdale is a CLEAN facility, w/ NO cases of COVID-19.
– REPORT on how the staff and deliveries are handled. Deliveries are made outside and then sanitized when brought inside. All staff is checked upon entering.
– REPORT that residents have “social distancing” for bingo etc.
– DISCUSSION that some activities are reduced to conform w/ social distancing. REPORT that the residents call-in their meal service and the meals are delivered to each resident’s room. Residents are sitting in their doorways and carrying on conversations w/ other diners in theirs.
– REPORT that Ashley has a MOBILE COCKTAIL cart.
– DISCUSSION of the mental impact of residents who cannot leave their rooms in Clare Bridge.
– VACANCIES are available. Potential residents/families can call and have a “virtual tour” to see the facility. Can do a “porch patio” conversational visit.
– REPORT that any new residents who move in will have the 14-day quarantine that is in place for the whole country.