cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – May 9, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
FOREST LAWN w/ Larry Davis re: 69855 E. Ramon Rd., Cathedral City, CA. 92234.
– REPORT on how funerals are being conducted now, virtually. Forest Lawn is considered an essential service.
– DISCUSSION that Forest Lawn has ALWAYS practiced “Universal Precautions” w/ remains. Virus doesn’t last long on a deceased person or a body in a casket.
– REPORT that @ this point in time only 10 folks can be in the Chapel @ a time for a funeral service, MUST be family members and can’t gather outside. Names have to be provided to Forest Lawn by the family. Planning meetings for services are thru Skype and/or Zoom, etc.
– REPORT that folks may not GO INTO the cemetery for burial but Forest Lawn can stream/film the interment for the family.
– DISCUSSION of the changes in the emotions and anxiety for families who can’t grieve together now.
– DISCUSSION that Forest Lawn is doing DocuSign to handle the documents electronically.
– REPORT on the change in the grieving process. Worst thing is that we can’t hug and console each other.
– DISCUSSION of the ever present need to plan your final services especially w/ all the new restrictions.