Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – April 18, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. is working closely w/ Eisenhower Health, Desert Care Network and Desert Aids Project to service the community.
– SUGGESTION to keep supporting local businesses while we go thru this pandemic together.
– THE BAD NEWS. “Shelter in Place” will probably go on a bit longer, perhaps the end of May.
– REPORT that Riverside County did their part early and the surge that was suppose to happen April 12, and it didn’t really happen.
– REPORT 10% of COVID-19 cases will be hospitalized and 1 in 4 will be on a ventilator.
– REPORT that of the cases that have passed, 80% are men. Because me are more likely to smoke, be obese, etc.
– REPORT that if you have the COVID-19 symptoms turning on one’s stomach makes it easier to breathe.
– REPORT that there is no vaccine on the horizon yet.
– REPORT that COVID-19 patients in the hospital on a ventilator stay 8 to 10 days. Important to keep their food intake up.
– DISCUSSION that impact of the virus can last quite a while. Some reports of folks who become re-infected a second time.
– DISCUSSION of nasal and oral swabs for the testing.
– DISCUSSION of the report that the virus has morphed and is sequencing.