Eisenhower Health Segment – March 28, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Eisenhower Health Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
EISENHOWER HEALTH w/ Lee Rice re: EH Media Coordinator and Marketing Specialist.
– Eisenhower Health was the 1st hospital in the County to have a COVID-19 patient….and that’s when EH began to plan for this eventuality….they established their hotline @ that point in time.
– Their hotline (760) 837-8988 for screening as well as donations for masks, etc.
EISENHOWER HEALTH w/ Michael Conners re: Certified Infection Control Nurse.
– Puts policies in place and educates toward infection prevention.
– REPORT on the positive “atmosphere” @ EH. The COMMAND CENTER @ EH.
– Joanne’s Fabrics will donate “kits” to make masks @ home.
– Community is donating toward needed ventilators.
– If you are mildly sick, STAY HOME, call the EH hotline. No need to be tested.
– If you have more serious symptoms, CALL THE HOTLINE first.
– EH cut elective surgeries to make beds available for the COVID-19 patients.
– Have 3 different areas for COVID-19 patients. One in ICU and 2 others.
– EH has always taken care of folks w/ contagious diseases.
– DEFINITION of “negative pressure” rooms, where air is not shared w/ other rooms/areas of the hospitals.
– REPORT on the safety procedures and morale of the EH staff.