City of Palm Springs Segment – March 28, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – City of Palm Springs Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS w/ Mayor Geoff Kors re: 3200 E. Tahquitz Cyn., Way, Palm Springs, 92262.
– DISCUSSION of COVID-19’s most important info…is to SHELTER IN PLACE. Not a recommendation, it’s an order.
– DISCUSSION of how/when to shop. NO FOOD SHORTAGE.
– REPORT on the web site; loans, unemployment, etc., info in one place. Will get a postcard from the City w/ the latest information as well.
– REPORT on the site www.visitgreaterpalmsprings.com/stay-in-take-out.
– REPORT on the Homeless Situation
1. Many hotels have a voucher program in place to house homeless.
2. P.S.H.S. has opened their gym to house homeless w/ cots and showers for 50 people.
3. Added portable outdoor bathrooms and portable hand washing stations. Regularly cleaned and checked. Have ordered more of these.
4. HOME CONNECT NUMBER for any one in Riverside County needing shelter or help (800) 498-8847.
– REPORT that the website is constantly updated. Also check the Palm Springs Chamber’s website. www.pschamber.org.
– REPORT that the State and County has sent out documents for all the rules.
1. Cannot leave your “shelter in place” home for non-essential things.
2. People who are in professions related to COVID-19, i.e. National Guard, Medical personnel, may stay in a Vacation Rental or Hotel.
3. Vacation rentals/Airbnb/VRBO, etc., cannot accept any new reservations thru the end of April, at this point in time.
– REPORT on the National Guard.
1. To help distribute food, i.e. F.I.N.D. Food Bank.
2. Helping to construct a hospital on the Fair Grounds.
– REPORT that the CV is a “hotspot”. His dentist, Dr. Love is donating masks etc.,