May 27, 2017
Theater/R.O.T.W./Time Passages Segments
LUCIE ARNEZ AWARDS
Discussing 5/31 – @ the Purple Room. Finalists for lead actor and actress in a musical Lucie Arnez Award from CV High Schools leading up to New York’s National High School Music Awards on 6/19-26. Flavor of “The Tony’s” . Apply now for Musical Theatre University’s next session in the fall. Free classes after regular high school classes.
IDYLLWILD PLEIN AIR
For plein air artists, the light “changes” every 2 hours.
– 6/9 – FREE live Plein Air demo and discussion @ 7 PM @ The Grand Idyllwild Lodge. Limited seating.
– 6/10 – Outdoor Idyllwild Plein Air celebration. Judged event w/ cash prizes and wine @ Middleridge Winery in the heart of town. Art for sale ranging from $250.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Discussing “Oscar’s” presentation of “Psycho, the Musical Parody” tonight 5/27 @ 8:30 PM and tomorrow 5/28 @ 2 PM @ 8 PM
Dina Merrill: 12/29/1923 – 5/22/2017
Roger Moore: 10/14/1927 – 5/23/2017
Darla N. of Cathedral City, CA
Medical/Palm Springs Chamber/Community/DAP Segment
EISENHOWER MEDICAL CENTER
Elizabeth Wholihan and Susan Effinger
Discussing Stroke Awareness Month in May.
– “B” – blood pressure
– “R” – reduce cholesterol
– “A” – aspirin/anticoagulant and antithrombosis
– “I” – increase activity
– “N” – no smoking or drugs
– “S” – sleep apnea
GO TO THE ER….not Urgent Care w/ these symptoms. Be most aware if things happen suddenly. Lots of seminars and lectures on all health issues
– 5/31 – “Queen of the Desert” 20-cal lip sync competition benefiting D.A.P. @ the Renaissance Hotel. 6 PM. $20/general, $40/preferred, $100/vip. Celebrity judges including Miss Joey English and Miss Ruta Lee.
– report on Revivals stores and planned remodel of Palm Springs store. Also the largest lighting store in the desert.
PALM SPRINGS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The C.E.O. Nona Watson
– Chamber tours thru ACT to India from 2/22 thru 3/3, 2018 and Australia/Figi from 3/25 thru 4/3/2018 go to www.act-tours.com and call (760) 322-1247)
– The new yearly City Guide. Free @ the Chamber office.
– 6/13 – June Business Awards luncheon @ the Renaissance..Steve will be installed @ incoming Pres. of the Chamber.
– 6/19 – Arenas Street “Pub Crawl”
– 9/19 – Planned “State of the City” celebration/block party @ the Museum Marketplace.
– The latest discussions about the (combined???) Coachella Valley Chamber of Commerce.
– Victoria’s Secret has picked Palm Springs as the “sexiest city”
– May’s joint mixer w/ the P.S. Air Museum @ Spencer’s.
– Co-working space @ the Chamber offices @ 190 W. Amado Road.
…to join the chamber, go to the web site of email Nona @ email@example.com
Paul C. of Indio, CA
Dennis Van Buskirk
Discussing insurance issues for rentals and vacation rentals. Insurance needs for your primary and/or secondary home. Insurance needs for Air B ‘n B customers.
Best prices around for dental and auto. Service for all insurance needs. Spanish speaking office as well. www.ascendins.com
BRADY SANDAHL REALTY
Discussing he is a “buyer’s agent” and he hyper-focuses on them. The health of the P.S. and Coachella Valley real estate market. Sales are up in Palm springs. Pricing is up over all, ut inventory is down. Brady’s “Mystery Houses” www.bradysandahl.com
DESERT HEALTHCARE DISTRICT AND FOUNDATION
Herb Schultz, CEO
Discussing mission to connect residents w/ health and wellness services and programs. Has a 5 member elected Board. DHCD’s previous grants and support of local charities. Discussed vote in 2018 to expand from the West Valley to the entire Coachella Valley and help more residents in underserved areas of our communities.
Rob U. of La Quinta, CA. – 1st TIME WINNER!!!!