May 20, 2017
R.O.T.W./Life Coaching/Theater Segments
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
– June 2 – 11 – Restaurant week. $29. A 3-course menu w/ same food/portions as when the price is $42. Special price will continue all summer.
– Memorial Day weekend offerings.
Discussing “Self-acceptance” and the TED.com talks.
DESERT ROSE PLAYHOUSE
Discussing “Clark Gable Slept Here” runs thru 5/28. Fri. and Sat., @ 8 PM and Sun. @ 2 PM.
TALK OF STARS/P.S. CULTURAL CENTER/CAMELOT THEATER
Discussing 5/27 @ 2 PM – “A Very Sordid Double Feature” screening of “Sordid Lives” and “A Very Sordid Wedding”, wine tasting and Q&A w/ Del Shores etc., $11. His future plans, possible TV and a stage play. Performing in Oct., @ the Camelot…”6 characters in search of a play”
Jane’t P., Palm Desert, CA
Dr. Brian Hodgkins
TONIGHT 5/20 – 27th “Festival In the Canyons” @ the Ritz to benefit Hanson House.
Report on the 5/19 Health Fair in Morongo that was attended by 500 people.
Partnership w/ DAP to do special blood tests for Hepatitis C virus that affects the liver. (contact info: www.mydohc.com and (760) 969-6562
DESERT LEGAL GROUP
– Discussion of various construction scams re: defects in design or materials, etc.,
– Discussion of liability for dog bites.
– Discussion of the elements of “disclosure”.
PALM SPRINGS HOME TEAM
Brandon Holland and Conrad Miller
– in 2016, 54% of real estate sales happened in the so-called “off-season”.
– need for listings, free suggestions, and help.
– Stage great open houses.
– Palm Springs market is really recovered.
Marjorie McC., Palm Springs, CA
EMERSON AND FARRAR FINE JEWELRY
– Discussion of May’s birthstone, Emeralds
Photo of tear drop pear-shaped ring ($31,700)and bracelet ($11,000).
– Re-design your old jewelry so you can get some use/wear out of it.
– Having Paul “check/clean” your jewelry is THE BEST INSURANCE you can have.
PALM SPRINGS SUBARU
Discussing their donation to the Boys and Girls Club. They give a portion of EACH car sale to a charity each time. Discussion of how safe Subarus are. Built in Indiana, without landfill at their plant. The Subaru “Legacy” has no deaths in the current model since 2008.
Louise C., Palm Springs, CA