January 28, 2017
Entertainment/Insurance/Talk of Stars/Time Passages Segment
THE JOEY ENGLISH DESERT DATEBOOK
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
Click here for details
MC CALLUM MOMENTS TALK OF STARS
Discussing 1/28 @ 4 and 8 PM, and 1/29 @ 2 and 7 PM. “The Illusionists” Live from Broadway. He’s from “America’s Got Talent” and is one of the top-10 most Googled people.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Discussing “Elmer’s”. New menu items, crowds and parking, on Yelp and Trip Advisor. New maple bacon pancakes combo.
Dennis Van Buskirk
Insurance facts: has all insurance companies, even those you’ve never seen advertise on TV, that ARE VERY GOOD; you need insurance even if you have no driver’s license but are going to drive anyway; he does “none eligible” for good drivers; open enrollment closes 1/31; there are no fees for Covered CA; does all commercial and personal insurance needs; speaks Spanish; the lowest cost dental ($21 month) and car ($25 month). Will handle ALL the paperwork for you, even over the phone.
Discussing Mary Tyler Moore 12/29/1936 – 1/25/2017.
Ray M. of Coachella
EISENHOWER MEDICAL CENTER
Sandra Schulz, Chairman of EMC Memory Care Center Concert Committee
Lee Rice, Media Coordinator and Communication Specialist
Discussing: 2/12 “LOVE, LONGING & LAUGHTER” concert to benefit the Eisenhower Memory Care Center. Nine performers w/a chamber orchestra, & the CA Desert Chorale led by Artistic Director Tim Bruneau. Honoring Ann Mostofi. Free Valet parking. $5./per person. After the concert is a wine and appetizer reception. Adult Day Care is open Monday – Friday from 7:30 – 5 PM w/ support for caregivers too. Other events:
- 1/31 – “Healthy Sleep for a Better Day” lecture @ 4 PM (760) 423-4855 to R.S.V.P.
- 2/1 – “Below the Belt” @ LGBT Community Center re: ED. 5:30 – 6:30 PM.
- 2/2 – “Fun in the Sun” for a Dermatologists’ perspective. The brand new EMC Dermatology and Mohs Center @ the Lucy Curci Cancer Center @ EMC.
- www.emc.org and (760) 340-3911
DESERT AIDS PROJECT
Mr. Community, Steve Henke, Associate Director of Community Development for DAP
Discussing Revivals SALE today (1/28) 50% off on ALL donated items @ all three stores. 2/11 Steve Chase Awards featuring the Pointer Sisters. Honoring Elizabeth Taylor. Tickets start @ $475. Richard de Santis is the producer of the gala (@ the P.S. Convention Center) and the after-party. Tremendous auction items.
PALM SPRINGS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Nona Watson, Pres. of the Chamber
Discussing Chamber trips thru A.C.T. in 2017 (w/Steve Kanold): 1.) Dubai Wonders & Kenya Safaris; 2.) 4 Country Rhine Rhapsody Riverboat Cruise; 3.) Broadway Bound w/the Chamber. Other topics:
- Chamber Golf Tourney 3/16 @ 1 PM; Police and Fireman’s Appreciation Luncheon on 4/18 @ the Renaissance P.S.
- Community Work Space available for travelers and citizens @ the Chamber
- www.pschamber.org and (760) 325-1577)
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Discussing “849 Restaurant and Lounge”. NOW DOING CATERING!! Valentine Day menu is 4 courses for $49 from 5 PM – 10 PM. Albert is the most wonderful self-taught dessert chef. Now featuring Earl Grey English Tea flavored Baked Alaska. Bar menu in the beautiful lounge.
www.eight4nine.com and www.849events.com
Kids/Pets Giveaway winner:
Patrick A. of Coachella
Joey English Extreme Home Makeover/THE WHEEL Segment
Discussing $1,500 system on the Wheel.
BRADY SANDAHL REALTY
Real estate in Palm Springs is doing very well. He’s the spokesman for the Citizens for a Better Palm Springs Vacation Rental issue. 3500 residents in Palm Springs are employed in the vacation rental industry.
- Mystery House #1 – $20 Alibi Azul gift certificate – won by Barbara P. of Palm Springs.
- Mystery House #2 – $20 Alibi Azul gift certificate – won by Edie P. of Palm Springs.
- Mystery House #3 – $20 Alibi Azul gift certificate – won by Marjorie M. of Palm Springs.
Carol T. of Palm Springs
1. Alibi Azul gift certificate – won by Edie P. of Palm Desert
2. Fresh Juice Bar $20 gift certificate – won Molly T. of Rancho Mirage
3. Aspen Mills lunch for 2 – won by Penny H. of Palm Springs
4. Eight 4 Nine $20 gift certificate – won by Ralph S. of Palm Springs
5. Purple Room $20 gift certificate – won by Barbara P. of Palm Springs
6. Big Rock Pub $50 gift certificate – won by Mary T. of Yucca Valley
7. Village Pub $25 gift certificate – won by Marjorie M. of Palm Springs
8. LuLu $20 gift certificate – won by Jean D. of Palm Desert
9. Flemings $25 gift certificate – won by Eddie C. of Palm Springs
10. Alibi Azul $20 gift certificate – won by Tom D. of Desert Hot Springs
– PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAM PASSES – Passes for two up and down the tram for one of the winners of the Shows/Tours package of the Joey English Red Hot Treasure Chest (contact info: www.pstramway.com and (760) 325-1391) Won by Georgia E. of Calimesa
– A.C.T. TOURS – Choice of a day trip for 2 (worth up to $200) from A.C.T. Tours; www.act-tours.com and (760) 322-1247 Won by Edie P. of Palm Springs
– LALO VISIONS A 90 minute psychic reading from Lalo (worth $65) www.lalovisions.com and (760) 401-1810. Won by Penny H. of Palm Springs
EXTREME HOME MAKEOVER/JOEY EDITION WHEEL
Chance to spin the Wheel for:
1. GAMEROOM GALLERY – $600 card or poker table top in its own nylon zippered carrying case w/ chips/cards and dice from Michael (contact info: www.gameroomgallery.com and (760) 343-5177)
2. MAXIMUM SECURITY – $1,500 system from Steve (contact info: www.maximumsecurity.info and (760) 770-0777)
3. RAWLINGS CUSTOM CONSTRUCTION – $500 gift certificate from Patrick, that you can put toward a redo, remodel, rebuild or to start from scratch on anything from hanging a garage door to building your dream home. (contact info: (760) 275-8568)
4. RENOVA SOLAR – $1,000 gift certificate toward a new solar system or 2 months solar energy bill payments from Vincent (contact info: www.renovasolar.com and (760) 568-3413)
5. REVIVALS DESIGN/CONSIGN/VOLUNTEER/SHOP -$500 gift certificate (contact info: www.desertaidsproject.org and www.revivalsstores.com and (760) 323-2118
6. TOWN CENTER COMPOUNDING PHARMACY – $500 gift certificate from Leslie and Mort (contact info: www.towncentercompoundingpharmacy.com and (760) 341-3984)
7. Cash, Cash, Cash $100. – Won by Jean D. of Palm Desert