11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 3 – AirMedCare Network Segment
AIRMEDCARE NETWORK & REACH AIR MEDICAL SERVICES
– Your local air ambulance membership provider offering life-saving services to communities across the United States.
– Emergent “Life or Limb” membership. Reach Helicopter transport. $65./yr., for entire household.
– “Fly U Home” membership. Jet transport to your primary residence w/ all necessary medical personnel and family members on board too. $149/yr., for entire household.
– Smart to buy both programs for $199./yr.
– Starts w/ a 911 call and 911 will dispatch Reach Air to you.
– A ‘scene’ call is a car accident, an ATV accident, etc., activated by a 911 call and then they would call Reach Air.
– Entire household means kids away @ college, renters, guests etc.,
– 4/22 – Get your questions answered @ Murrieta Firefighters 71st Tri-Tip BBQ @ Murrieta Community Center.
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Theater Segment
DESERT ROSE PLAYHOUSE
– Report on the successful run of “Suddenly Last Summer” that just closed.
– TOMORROW: “Mis-cast Cabaret” (the “u-gala”) BENEFIT for the Theater, when performers who do and do not sing, will perform a number they would NEVER play. 6 PM w/ appetizers and hosted wine bar. Show @ 7 PM. Desserts @ Intermission. Tix are $50. Dress in “aloha wear”.
PALM CANYON THEATRE
– “Damn Yankees” opened last night to rave reviews.
– Steven is the musical director.
– Rest of the season: Gypsy, Blythe Spirit, Wedding Singer.
– Then 6 week Summer Kids Theater Camp for grades 3 thru 10. Final show @ the end of camp.
LES MICHAELS PRESENTS
– Cabaret on Sundays @ the Arthur Newman Theater @ the Joslyn Center. 108 seats. TOMORROW: Mary Jo Mundy in “Nearly Nyro”
– 4/15 – 2 PM – “Ter Gallagher in “A Woman of a Certain Age”
– 4/22 – 2 PM – Sharon Sills in “Songs My Mother Hated”
– 4/29 – 2 PM – Rose Mallett in “Songs of Sarah”
– Cabaret on Sundays will return in June.
– TONIGHT: Sat., nights @ A.J.’s on the Green, and they will be adding a 2nd night.
Hour 1 Seg 2 – McCallum Theatre/Opera In The Park Segment
MC CALLUM MOMENTS
– New Season: All tix on sale 4/16 @ 8 AM online and @ the box office…live and in “real time” New brochure should be in your home by now.
– Be certain to go to the proper website for legitimate tickets.
– Great Broadway Season; Jersey Boys, Wiz of Oz w/ Andrew Lloyd Webber, 20th anniversary tour of Rent, Evita, Spam-a-lot, Something Rotten.
– 3 Sessions of Nat Geo LIVE. Photographers and writers that work w/ National Geographic.
– Legends Series; Holiday Shows, and Mitch’s Picks.
– (contact info: www.mccallumtheatre.com and (760) 340-ARTS)
PALM SPRINGS OPERA GUILD OF THE DESERT
Renee Glickman (chair of the Allegro Society etc.,)
– TOMORROW: FREE!!!!!! – 20th Opera in the Park @ 1 and runs until 4, w/ an Intermission.
– Not just opera, but arias from popular operas, w/ 8 opera singers. 32 piece professional orchestra. Picnic under a larger and bigger tent, or in their own folding chairs in the park.
– Can park over @ PSHS and shuttle over to Sunrise Park.
– 50 Year-Old Opera Guild has a booth with merchandise available. Food trucks will be there.
OPERA IN THE PARK
Bill Fisher (Board member)
– Last year over 5,000 folks attended…will be bigger this year.
– Jesus Leon will be returning and singing “Nessum Dorma
– Venders will be selling all kinds of foods.
– Secure and safe for families w/ children.
– (contact info: www.palmspringsoperaguild.org)
Hour 1 Seg 3 –
Restaurant of the Week/Palm Springs Cultural Center/Camelot Segment
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Troy Neifert re: Koffi
– New, bigger location on Tahquitz Cyn., w/ exclusive use of the outside patio, facing the Mountains, on a major corridor to the Airport. 650 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs.
– Expanded product line w/ more bottled drinks.
– Parking for this new store
– 5:30 AM to 7 PM, 7 days a week.
– This is the 4th store and it’s in an Historical Property.
BECOMING MARILYN MONROE
– Desert Symphony’s “Children’s Music Discovery Series” will benefit from the WORLD PREMIER; @ the American Documentary Film Festival Tues. Ap., 10 @ the Camelot Theatre @ 7 PM. $60. Tix @ (760) 773-5988) w/ Q. & A afterwards.
– “Marilyn Forever Blonde” stars Sunny Thompson.
– Pre-Show Champagne & Hors d’oeurves Reception @ 4:30 @ LuLu’s CA. Bistro.
– Story of how she “became” Marilyn Monroe.
– Front page of the Desert Sun last Thursday.
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Medical Segment
TOWN CENTER COMPOUNDING PHARMACY
Dr. Leslie Todd, professor of Nursing, a Nurse Practioner.
How bio-identical hormones and alkaline water impact:
– Flu shots – so many strains of flu, shots may not be as effective. Take D3 everyday, take Vit. C everyday, drink the Alkaline water, eat more greens. Remember, disease is acidic and health if alkaline and you may not get the flu.
– Alzheimers – The alkaline water is a smaller molecule and therefore gets into your brain cells. Children who crawled a lot may have activated both sides of their brain better than most. All bio-identical hormones will help all of your body, especially your muscles i.e. heart (most important muscle and runs your blood and circulation to YOUR BRAIN). The hormone Pregnenolone for your memory and to help you sleep better @ night
– E-coli from lettuce – There was a scare not to eat lettuce that was not handled properly. E-coli is most prevalent in urinary tract infections because it is in your intestines. 2.5 Alkaline water will kill E-coli and MRSA that is in hospitals.
– Wrinkles – The alkaline water treats wrinkles from the inside….put the 5.% alkaline water on the outside.
– FREE consultations @ Town Center Compounding Pharmacy @ 72-624 El Paseo Drive, Palm Desert
Hour 2 Seg 2 – Arts/Artists Segment
CALIFORNIA DESERT ARTS COUNCIL
– Great time in the Coachella Valley for all things artistic that are up on the web site.
– TODAY; “Warhol In The Park” in La Quinta today, to teach children about Pop Art!!! More in April and May. Presented in P.D., P.S. and Coachella.
– 5/6 – @ Veteran’s Memorial @ Park in Coachella for the next “Warhol In The Park”
– CA. Desert Art Council is supporting State Bill – # SB933 to enforce having arts in the schools for children.
– The website is great for resources to unify the arts, economy, find jobs, etc., Steven wants to empower and unify the arts community, because 1 in 5 persons employed in the Coachella Valley works in the Arts.
THE DESERT SYMPHONY
– TONIGHT: 4/7 – The Gala starring Boz Scaggs w/ The Desert Symphony.
– 4/12 – 8 PM -The Music of Michael Jackson w/ The Desert Symphony.
– New Season tix go on sale Ap., 16;
– Dec., The Music of Bruce Springstein
– Jan., The Music of Frank Sinatra
– Feb., Holiday Winter Party tribute to the Big Bopper
– Mar., an evening w/ Matthew Morrison
– Ap., Big Band Broadway w/ Debbie Gravitte
– Tues., 4/10 benefit for The Desert Symphony’s Children’s Programs @ screening of “Becoming Marilyn Monroe” @ P.S. Cultural Center’s Camelot Theatre @ 7 PM.
Hour 2 Seg 3 – cont. Arts/Artists Segment
CALIFORNIA DESERT ARTS COUNCIL
– Tonight there’s a “sight specific” opening on Hwy. 62 “Available to All” up thru the end of the year.
– American Documentary Film Festival thru the 14 @ the P.S. Cultural Center/Camelot Theater.
– “Wild and Scenic” Film Festival @ UCRiverside in Palm Desert 4/21.
– 4/20, 22 P.S. Cannibis Festival @
– TODAY – Mariachi Festival @ Veterans Park in Coachella.
– TOMORROW – Artisans @ the Pueblo @ Cabots Pueblo Museum.
– 4/19 – @ UCR Palm Desert screening of “Brillo Box 3 Cents Off” documentary.
– TOMORROW – Opera In the Park in Palm Springs.
– 4/13, 14 – “Havanna Night” @ I.W. Theatre @ CSUSB
PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM
Tristan Gittens re: New restaurant @ the Art Museum in Palm Springs…Persimmon Bistro.
– Open 6 months now, re-building and remodeling.
– Executive Chef is Bruce Salmon w/ fresh soups, salads, smoothies, juices. Serving charcuterie. Import beef from Spain, France.
– Open 11 AM to 4 and closed Wednesdays.
– Candice (his wife and designer) and Tristan own this.
– Also own “Frankinbun” across from B. of A. on Indian w/ Candice’s designed wallpaper. She did another wallpaper for Persimmon.
– Can go just to eat, don’t need to have a ticket to a show in the Annenberg.
Hour 3 Seg 1 – L.G.B.T./Revivals Segment
THE LGBT COMMUNITY CENTER OF THE DESERT
– 4/19 – “National Give Out Day” national day to support LGBT to prepare for Dining Out for Life, benefit @ Chipotle on Hwy. @ the Smoke Tree Commons…
– 4/28 – 2nd Annual Eastern Valley Pride Festival in Coachella, all student lead. FREE event.
– TODAY; 30% off new outdoor pottery, while supplies last! – All stores.
– TODAY AND TOMORROW; 25% off Ashley Furniture, all new furniture – All stores.
– TODAY AND TOMORROW; 20% off all linens @ Cathedral City and Palm Desert Stores.
– TODAY AND TOMORROW: 20% off brand new area rugs – All stores.
– Different merchandise in all three stores.
– Still need for volunteers.
re: 4/26 “Dining Out for Life”
– We came in 3rd in the NATION last year in Dining Out for Life behind Minneapolis and Denver, but the 3 top restaurants in last year’s Dining Out for Life in the NATION were Trio, Spencers and LuLu in Palm Springs.
– New sponsor is Reveal Pale Ale.
– Go go www.diningoutforlife.com/palmsprings all restaurants are listed by various categories.
Hour 3 Seg 2 – Technology/Cannabis Segment
– Biggest computer issues are security based.
– People don’t understand computer basics. A chromebook is an Apple product that will be easy for folks that are not computer literate to understand.
– His ability to solve computer, wi-fi, etc. issues on your property.
– Discussion of buying cannabis on line etc., Products w/ cannabis.
– Expert in Apple Technologies.
– Cannabis oil that has THC in it is not necessarily legal in all states @ this point in time.
– THC is the ingredient that gets someone high.
– CBD oil is not controlled by government regulations. But perhaps to avoid CBD oil made in China. It is good for topical aches and pains, to increase your appetite, to help w/ nausea, it’s anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety, anti-cancer. Atomic Budz carries the CBD oil w/ no hallucinogenic effects.
– Atomic Budz is in the great GREEN psychedelic on the south side of Perez Road in Cathedral City….include cannabis products in water, chocolate, etc., Delivery service.
– Cannabis Oil can be bought w/out a prescription in all 50 states.
– On Jan., 1st CA. recognized the right of citizens to have both medicinal and recreational use of cannabis.
– The law is that there are 2 kinds of recommendations….one from a doctor, two from the state of CA. state issued ID. Then you can forgo some taxes…but you cannot own a gun in the state of CA.
“Go Green” Segment
DESERT WATER AGENCY
– Stay hydrated.
– “Help to Others” program w/ United Way of the Desert for folks who can’t pay their water bills.
– Highest use month is July.
– Conservation has dropped off a bit.
– New pipes are now ductile iron, which is more flexible and should last over 100 years.
– Downtown system has pipes dating back to the Great Depression and is failing all over and needs to be replaced.
– Water pipes are usually buried 3 feet down.
– Many rebates available on the website.