Children/Charity Segment – January 14, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 5 Seg 1 – Children/Charity Segment
S.C.R.A.P. w/ Karen Riley re: 68743 Perez, Row D16, Cathedral City.
– REPORT on the mission of the Student Creative Recycle Art Program (S.C.R.A.P.).
– REPORT that she does environmental education and has been doing so for 20 years.
– DISCUSSION of her taking materials that would end up in the land fill and turn them into “art” and at the same time education kids and their parents about not contributing to the negative footprint.
– REPORT on the new garbage/trash pickup rules. New law in CA. says we MUST reduce our food waste. Over 40% of our food ends up in the landfills, creating too much methane gas, affecting the climate change problem. DON’T PUT FOOD WASTE IN PLASTIC BAGS.
– REPORT on the “kits” she makes for kids called “Masked Mondays” where it’s a curbside pickup of FREE kits EVERY MONDAY from 8 AM to 12 NOON. They are themed.
– DISCUSSION of her hopes for 2022.
– (contact info; www.scrapgallery.org and (760) 861-6479).