D.O.H.C. Women’s Segment – May 15, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – D.O.H.C. Women’s Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Cathy Allison re: Licensed Clinical Social Worker @ Behavioral Health where she is a Master Level Clinician. 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– ANNOUNCEMENT that on 5.13 the CDC announced THAT IF YOU ARE FULLY VACCINATED, you DO NOT have to wear a mask anymore!!!! (some exceptions to follow).
– TRIBUTE to the family and service honoring Ric Supple today @ the Camelot Theatre. “A Life Well Lived”.
– DISCUSSION of folks who had a “negative” Mother’s Day for various reasons. She calls special days “Anniversary Days” in therapy. The triggers that occur FOREVER.
– REPORT that if you are coming up to an “Anniversary Day”…….
1. Pamper yourself.
2. “Manage your expectations”
3. The media tells you it will be perfect and that’s not workable.
– HER THEME FOR TODAY; Emotional Boundaries
1. If you are sensitive, protect yourself by establishing your personal boundaries. Set limits and rules for yourself.
2. If you have healthy boundaries, you can say “no” when you want to.
3. Rigid boundaries are NOT healthy.
4. Porous boundaries or enmeshment boundaries are NOT healthy.
5. Boundaries are flexible and are different for different aspects of your life.
– DISCUSSION of “re-entry anxiety” that most folks are experiencing now and need guidance to “re-enter” society because people are doing so rather tentatively.