“Tech Talk” Segment – April 3, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – “Tech Talk” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
EGGHEADIT w/ Dennis Shelly.
– REPORT on “JOEY PAL” QUESTIONS;
1. How do you protect/store your passwords? (Several password programs are out there. BUT BEST is to get on Dennis’ website (www.eggheadit.com) and subscribe to the news, because an article is coming out how to store your PASSWORDS safely. i.e. dashlane)
– REPORT that these sites are “ultra-encrypted” so you only have to remember ONE password.
– Don’t take all the offers of updates that appear on your screen. Dennis uses the official ones from the manufacturer.
2. Is P.C. Matic a good “buy”? (More frequent w/ Mac products. More of a “tool” to use possibly w/out instructions). Dennis will have an “home support program” that will address this.
– REPORT on what a “patch” is. Those annoying update notification that Dennis also takes care of.
– REPORT on how Dennis can “take over” your computer and NOW also your phone remotely, monitor hacks, and run all diagnostic checks for $30./month for up to 4 devices. Spam Assassin is the program. His three new residential “In Home” programs and a brand new client portal.
1. $15-$20/month – Standard program – Covers 1 user, 3 devices. Anti-virus and discount rates for on-site service.
2. $24. – Advanced program. – Anti-virus and unlimited “over-the-phone” support.
3. $35-$45/month – Premium program. – All of the above PLUS data back up and security.
– ANNOUNCEMENT that Dennis’s anti-virus program is rated higher than Lifelock.
– ADVICE that we should turn off our computers overnight. Get a good surge protector. Protect up to 1,000 jules.