Eisenhower Health Segment – March 27, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Eisenhower Health Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
EISENHOWER HEALTH w/ Eduardo Javier, MD re: 3900 Bob Hope Dr., R.M. CA. 92270. Program director for the addiction medicine fellowship @ EH.
– REPORT that April is alcohol awareness month. EH wants to help members of the community who might need help w/ addiction.
– REPORT that he is a “hospitalist”. Takes care of patients from when they are admitted to hospital to when they leave. He’s an internist.
– DEFINITION of how the Pandemic’s isolation has caused/contributed to addictions. Calories and drugs affect the same receptors in the brain. ALL ARE ADDICTIONS.
– OUTPATIENT clinic in C.C. (760) 773-4300 for phone advice and triage assistance.
– DISCUSSION of the stigma of substance abuse that folks suffer from. ADDICTION IS A BRAIN DISEASE. Not a moral failing, a personality disorder. There’s an anatomical change in the brain due to addiction.
– REPORT that there is NO CURE for an addiction, but THERE IS TREATMENT. The brain will re-generate.
– DISCUSSION of how addictions are treated NOW. Medication Assisted Therapies are available to help in several different ways. Depending on the patient there can be home treatments, hospital treatments etc.
– OPIATES are the most prevalent addiction he is seeing now. All ages, economic levels, etc.,