Desert Care Network Segment – November 14, 2020
h3>11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – Desert Care Network Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER w/ Gael Whetstone, R.N.; re: 1180 N. Indian Cyn., Palm Springs, CA.
– REPORT that the only Trauma Unit in the area is @ Desert Regional Medical Center.
– REPORT that the three leading causes of trauma are; 1. Falls, 2. Pedestrian safety, 3. Car crashes (and motorcyles).
– DISCUSSION of the FREE safety brochure available from them. (760) 323-6140 direct line to Gael to get a FREE brochure.
– DISCUSSION about the concerns during Thanksgiving Season. Increase in car crashes coming into the Trauma Center @ D.R.M.C. Also, pedestrian issues, as we are 4 times the national average for pedestrian deaths here in Palm Springs. More apt to have complications from a fall as one ages. 95% of folks who suffer a fall are admitted to Hospital. Falls are the leading cause of death in CA. for folks who are over 75.
– REPORT that pedestrians wear too much dark clothing, streets are dark in many places. New traffic lights and crosswalks are helping.
– REPORT that car accident victims are STILL NOT wearing a seat belt.
– REPORT in 2018, 30 % of car fatalities were alcohol related and 42% were drug related in California.
– FREE WEBINAR; 12.9 @ 12:30 PM. “Are You At Risk for a Serious Fall?” Sign up @ www.desertcarenetwork.com/trauma or (844) 372-8662.