Neuro Vitality Segment – November 14, 2020
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – Neuro Vitality Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
NEURO VITALITY CENTER w/ Dr. Jay Seller re: Executive Director @ 2800 E. Alejo Road, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– DISCUSSION on Bev Greer’s schedule and participation now.
– REPORT that there has been a real influx of “new” clients to come to them virtually. Referrals come from doctors etc.
– REPORT that IEHP sends over the referrals and then:
1. They do an assessment w/ a social worker. One and a half hour long.
2. You see a nurse, virtually.
3. Assessment w/ a physical therapist. Look for “transfer” issues. Some meet 3 times a week over ZOOM w/ their therapist.
4. Schedule w/ activities director. i.e. Zumba classes, rubber band exercises.
5. Evaluation of folks who live alone. Make certain these folks have socialization, even via ZOOM.
6. Evaluation w/ a speech therapist.
– REPORT that if you aren’t good on a computer, they will GIVE you a tablet and teach you how to use it. Can also do phone conversations.
– REPORT that in many instances, not driving is a plus. Meals are delivered as often as needed. Kitchen is “in-house” @ NVC
– REPORT that NVC can handle more clients than they have right now.
– DISCUSSION that there are two financial options. CBAS (Community Based Adult Services) under Medical or Private pay.
– DISCUSSION the caregivers are usually participating in the Zoom/virtual classes along w/ the client.
– DISCUSSION of the concern over “isolation” going into the Holidays. Depression more prevalent. NEED TO FEEL CONNECTED.