cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – October 10, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Kae Hammond re: President & Founder; 495 Town Center Way, 44 Ste., B, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– DISCUSSION of the conversation we were having w/ Kurt re: Alzheimer/dementia patients forming friendships/associations. “Now they are among equals”. These relationships change and adjust as the patient goes thru different stages as well.
– DISCUSSION that patients who are kept @ home by well-meaning families, who think they “know” they’re way around, actually become isolated and are not stimulated because families are busy w/ their own lives.
– REPORT that Alzheimer/Dementia patients KNOW there is someone else LIKE them.
– REPORT that Alzheimer is one of 98 forms of Dementia!!!
– REPORT that one can live a long happy life w/ Alzheimer. Even if you are in the EARLY later stages of the disease.
– DISCUSSION that a highly trained caregiver can READ the patient and understand that even belligerence is not necessarily to be taken personally.
– REPORT that letting a professional step in preserves the family relationship many times.