cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – October 10, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
FOREST LAWN w/ Larry Davis re: 69855 E. Ramon Rd., Cathedral City, CA. 92234.
– DISCUSSION of Larry being in the business for over 40 years and how it has changed during this Pandemic.
– REPORT on the county and state mandates for funeral services. Forest Lawn can now have services outside in the 2 big tents (first one in Coachella) he has that can have 50 persons for a service. Decorated w/ beautiful plants, fans, chairs, sound equipment, tv screens etc.,
– REPORT that folks still wear masks and sit w/ social distancing unless they are from the same household.
– REPORT that there have been earlier morning services outside in the tent and they have been lovely. The casket is there too and is open or closed.
– There have been functions and memorial services in the tent. People feel comfortable and safe in a private setting.
– REPORT on the demeanor of the families who lose loved ones during the Pandemic.
– DISCUSSION of how the planning meetings for services are now done over the phone w/ Forest Lawn.
– Forest Lawn has the appropriate plastic shields in place and provide masks for anyone who doesn’t have one.
– REPORT that our own mortality is being discussed more during this Pandemic. Time to make your final plans. Forest Lawn is having these conversations over the phone, on-line etc., Paperwork can even be done over the phone and virtually as well.
– REPORT that Forest Lawn has NEVER been closed, is considered an essential business.