cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – October 3, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 3 – cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– QUESTION from “Joey Pal” Garry – ???Alcohol and the virus???. The “j” curve, explaining that some beer/wine decreases your mortality risk. Women 1 glass, men 2 glasses. The alcohol actually decreases some of the viral density in your mouth.
– REPORT that the mask DOES NOT increase the bacteria present in the mouth.
– QUESTION from “Joey Pals” – ???Do older folks have an issue generating an immunity after getting a vaccine??? That’s why there’s a higher dose of a flu vaccine for older folks.
– UPDATE on the vaccines in trials now. Dr. Hodgkin’s favorite is the Oxford one. Moderna, J ‘n J, etc. D.O.H.C. bought the freezer to keep the vaccines stored.
– DISCUSSION of the Imperial College London challenge trial for a COVID-19 vaccine. They give you the vaccine and then 2 weeks later, you are given the virus.
– REPORT that the efficacy of some of these temperature tests might be questionable.
– REPORT that next week D.O.H.C. will have the RapidID test available.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C./ Mizell/Joslyn members etc., can get a flu shot/test @ one of the D.O.H.C. testing sites.
– REPORT on the great DOHC website FOR ANYONE TO USE. Barry Dayton keeps it so current.