Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – October 3, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are beginning our 29th week of “Sheltering in Place”.
– REPORT on the fact that President Trump has tested positive for the virus. He’s being given Remdesivir, etc.
– REPORT that a temperature test seems to be controversial. 40% of patients who are positive NEVER get a temperature. EXPLANATION of the screening procedure that D.O.H.C. uses.
– DISCUSSION that the virus CAN stick to your shoes.
– REPORT on the benefits of “indoors” vs. “outdoors”.
– REPORT that in the CV, grocery stores, restaurants and health care facilities are the most vulnerable settings.
– REPORT that rates of new cases are better in the CV and in our hospitals, only 1 positive case @ D.O.H.C., but testing numbers are down. 25,000 positive tests a day in the U.S.
– REPORT on the drive-thru flu vaccine locations provided by D.O.H.C. Over 9,000 flu vaccines administered so far. Temperature is taken first. Cross-checking for COVID-19.
– QUESTIONS from “Joey Pals” – re: the Neanderthal gene, providing a worse outcome especially for Europeans and Southern Asians.