Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – August 1, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are now starting our 20th week of “Sheltering in Place”.
– REPORT that the U.S. leads the World w/ 5 million cases.
– In Riverside County, Surge is slowing. Hospital admits slowing. DOHC is under 10 admittance. Younger patients are getting out w/ shorter stays.
– Riverside County has 35,000 to 40,000 cases now.
– 7% to 9% of U.S. population has been exposed. We need 50 to 60% exposure to reach “herd immunity”.
– New report will be able to tract the mortality rate via either infection mortality rate (0.3% + 0.8% or 5 out of 1,000 deaths, but less than MERS, SARS or EBOLA) or case mortality rate.
– Testing results now coming quicker.
– REPORT that the CDC wants schools to open. Children have trouble understanding “social distancing”. Teachers are not in favor of this due to exposure to the virus.
– DISCUSSION of how parents will home school and yet work from home. Qualifications of parents to home school in ALL subjects during this Pandemic.
– DISCUSSION that if CA. “re-opened” at this point in time, wouldn’t we reach “herd immunity” and get this over with.
– DISCUSSION of NEW symptoms….obesity.
– DISCUSSION that patients who are recovering from COVID-19 are having symptoms and complaints that are going on for months.