Restaurant of the Week Segment – August 1, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Dick Shalhoub re: His 32 “McDonalds Restaurants”.
– REPORT on the daily changes of his McDonalds Stores depending on the City in which store is located.
– REPORT that McDonald’s Corporate is planning $200 million ad blitz, w/ market shares in its sights.
– DISCUSSION of the new and different ways to buy/order. More social media. Change in the philosophy of marketing.
– REPORT on having to “narrow” the restaurant’s focus and be attentive to safety of staff and customers.
– REPORT on the changes in menu going forward. Salads are NOT going away, but will be in a different form perhaps. Breakfast is NOT being served all day @ this point in time.
– REPORT that lobby’s are closed, drive-thru’s are open. Must wear a mask when entering the restaurant. All protocols are being observed.
– DISCUSSION of “drive”, “digital”, and “delivery”.
– DISCUSSION of the physical changes in the kitchens, beverage area, INSIDE all the restaurants.
– REPORT that McDonalds is so popular w/ the loss of jobs, loss of income, kids @ home, etc.