“Go Green” Segment – June 6, 2020
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – “Go Green” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Xochitl Pena – 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92264.
– REPORT that she’s working from home since March as the Outreach Specialist for DWA. Phone calls are forwarded to folks working @ home.
– REPORTS that crews are still out there taking care of the issues w/ out water.
– REPORT that DWA is aware of the impact of COVID-19 customers financially, so there are no late fees, no credit card processing fees, no shut-offs.
– REPORT on Help to Others for help paying a water bill. www.dwa.org/h2o.
– REPORT that the lobby @ DWA on Gene Autry is closed but you can drop off your bill in the parking lot mail box that looks like a water tower. Lol.
– ADVICE on how to get through the hot weather….hydrate, water lawns early in the morning or later in the evening to avoid evaporation. There’s a helpful watering guide on www.cvwatercounts.com.
– REPORT on their Water Quality Report that they put out each year. Results from the 2600 water samples taken each year. Report on WHERE we get our water from. We passed w/ flying colors. Results are on the website.
– DISCUSSION of a question from a “Joey Pal” about hard water stains on a countertop. That comes from the SAFE BUT rich minerals in our tap water. These stains can be easily removed w/ vinegar!!!