City of Palm Springs Segment – June 20, 2020
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – City of Palm Springs Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
PALM SPRINGS CITY COUNCIL w/ Lisa Middleton re: 3200 E. Tahquitz Cyn., Way, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– 1st transgender person to be elected in California for a non-judicial position in Nov., 2017.
– REPORT on the history of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and report on @ least three of the incidents that led to the recent decision by the Supreme Court.
– DISCUSSION that the question before the Court was “did the decision from 1964 pertain to people who are transgendered?”.
– REPORT that the 6 to 3 decision in favor of the LGBTQ Community included votes from Conservative jurists, surprisingly.
– REPORT that in 1964 when Congress passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and President Johnson signed it into law “ON THE BASIS OF SEX” the verbiage meant WOMEN at that point in time!!!!!
– RECENT SUPREME COURT DECISION means that all persons have the right to the protection of the laws of the United States of America.
– IMPACT in the Coachella Valley will not be felt as much as in other places, because up until this recent Supreme Court decision, there were 26 states that did not have protection for transgendered individuals that we in CA. have had.
– DISCUSSION of how interesting the coming interpretation of this ruling will be.