Children/Charities Segment – June 20, 2020
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 3 – Children/Charities Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
SCRAP GALLERY w/ Karen Riley re: 31855 Date Palm Dr., Cathedral City, CA. 92234
– DISCUSSION of her mission statement and creative endeavors for now, 20 years.
– REPORT on some of her most interesting donations. i.e. the Dinah Shore Bridge construction.
– DISCUSSION of how she gets her product and her re-cycling efforts.
– REPORT on her on-line and virtual classes for schools and children. She has made kits that people can pick up. i.e. “Mask Monday” from 8 to 11 each week come pick up a kit.
COVID-19 CHILD CARE w/ Olivia Frary re: she’s the Chief Communications Officer for the USC Undergraduate Student Government.
– COVID CHILD CARE. Her idea, w/ some of her college friends, to give-back to the Community via a FREE service created for necessary, essential medical workers who need child-care due to all the shut-downs of facilities because of the Pandemic.
– Started w/ her classmates and then has expanded to include volunteers from around the United States. Has branches in San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange Country, Reno, Seattle and here.
– REPORT on how all the volunteers are vetted.
– REPORT that all volunteers must sign/meet all requirements for no virus exposures. Worked w/ lawyers to be certain that all are well protected.
– HOPE that this service will continue when we get back to our “new normal”.