Desert Symphony Segment – November 7, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 1 – Desert Symphony Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
THE DESERT SYMPHONY w/ Nancy Tapick, President re: 73730 CA. 111 Ste., 6, Palm Desert, CA. 92260
– REPORT that they are sponsored by Raju Mehta of El Paseo Jewelers, who does so much in the Coachella Valley for so many.
– DISCUSSION of how the “tribute bands” are often better than the original, keeping the “flame” alive. Otherwise the sound, the history, the style will disappear.
– DISCUSSION of how the Eagles, when appearing live @ the Acrisure Arena, had THE DESERT SYMPHONY accompany them!!!!!.
– HOLD THE DATES for the NEW SEASON, the 35th Anniversary Season; Tickets available thru the McCallum Theatre.
1. NOV., 21 – the Texas Tenors.
2. JAN., 21 – tribute to Barbra Streisand
3. Feb., – “I LOVE A PIANO” w/ Tony Desare
4. Mar., – tribute to John Denver.
5. April – tribute to Frankie Valli “Let’s Hang On”
– REPORT that 2/13/24 will be the annual Symphonettes Luncheon @ The Lavendar Bistro in LaQuinta. Reservations available NOW.
– (contact info; www.desertsymphony.org and (760) 773-5988)