Desert Oasis Health Care Segment – October 30, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 3 – Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
cont. D.O.H.C. w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations @ D.O.H.C.; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– cont. QUESTIONS FROM Joey Pal’s/Brian’s clients/news in the “Medicine Cabinet”.
3. Can Cannabis help stop anxiety? (Yes. There was a study in 2018 in anxiety disorders. Many people w/ anxiety are already using Cannabis. Conflicting data. i.e. the right or wrong mixture can either induce or reduce anxiety.)
4. Do hormones increase or decrease Alzheimers and Dementia? (Yes. 55% of women use hormone therapy (HRT) during menopause. There was a study in Copenhagen that studied 5600 women between the ages of 50 and 60 and followed them for 18 years. 32% of the women who had HRT HAD Dementia/Alzheimers. 24% less risk in women who did not have HRT. Risk increased the longer the woman took HRT.)
5. Is Ashwagandha something to be taking? (“Glizzy Pills” that supposedly increase your energy levels, gets rid of depression, increases libido, etc., It’s an evergreen shrub found in Asia and Africa. Means “the smell of the horse”. Lots of anti-inflammatory products. Can be bought OTC or on the internet. Bad to take if you have thyroid problems, can irritate and auto-immune issues, careful if you have prostate cancer issues. No Prescription needed.)
– (contact info: www.mydohc.com and www.myturn.gov and (760) 969-6555).