Desert Oasis Health Care Segment – October 9, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
D.O.H.C. w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations @ D.O.H.C.; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– REPORT on the D.O.H.C. Tv Show on Friday; “The Pulse” on CBS, KESQ. First show is about “getting to know D.O.H.C.; 2nd show is about Medicare Advantage/Open Enrollment. Etc., D.O.H.C. is moving into social media influencing.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. is a big supporter of “Paint El Paseo Pink”. Their mobile unit will be there.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. is one of the sponsors of the American Heart Association Stroke and Heart Walk @ Palm Desert Civic Park. Steps off @ 8 AM.
– QUESTIONS FROM Joey Pals in the “Medicine Cabinet”.
1. Comment on the Kaiser and huge health-care strike? (Dr. Brian did his residency @ Kaiser. 8 different unions across 5 states; some 75,000 health care workers and 90 % are in CA. Not the doctors and nurses. Hospitals still open. Well run organization. D.O.H.C. is Kaiser w/out the hospital. The strikers want a $25./hour raise. So many folks are leaving healthcare.)
2. What is psoriasis? (It’s a complicated, chronic disease. Can be painful, comes in many forms. 8 million Americans have it. Expensive to treat; $75,000/year.)
– (contact info: www.mydohc.com and www.myturn.gov and (760) 969-6555).