D.O.H.C. Segment – October 6, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 3 – D.O.H.C. Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
DESERT OASIS HEALTH CARE w/ Barry Dayton
– REPORT on the NEW D.O.H.C. episodic TV show called “The Pulse”. Hosted by Bianca Rae. Airs for 30 minutes on CBS local 2 @ 8 PM. 12 episodes. First one is tonight, Oct., 6. This first show is an “overview” of everything D.O.H.C. offers.
– REPORT that episode #2 of “The Pulse” will be about Open Enrollment and Medicare.
– DISCUSSION that this new TV Show will register new members for D.O.H.C. as well as inform current members.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. has a podcast series out of the STUDIO DOHC. #5 in the series will be “Joey Pal” Dr. Lindsey Valenzuela moderating a discussion about D.O.H.C.’s Stroke Clinic. The previous podcasts can be found on their UTube channel. DOHC Channel on UTube.
– REPORT that Open Enrollment for Medicare is Oct., 15 – Dec., 7. Good time to decided whether to go w/ Part C or not. Go to www.mydohc.com and see all the in person and virtual meetings to guide folks who are “aging-in” to Medicare. Important times are 3 months before and after your birthday month.
– REPORT that @ 65 you are automatically enrolled in Part A. Parts A and B are the essential parts.
A is for inpatient services, i.e. hospital.
B is for outpatient services, i.e. doctor visits.
C combines A, B and D.
D is for drug coverage.
– SHOUT OUT to Chris on Barry’s team who helps so much w/ the website.
– (contact info: www.mydohc.org).